The State Justice Institute (SJI) is now accepting applications in six grant categories for state courts, nonprofits, and judges. The categories are:
- Project Grants: Project grants will support innovative education and training, demonstration, and technical assistance projects that improve courts.
- Technical Assistance (TA) grants: TA grants will provide state and local courts with funding to obtain technical assistance to diagnose a problem, develop responses and strategies to address the problem, and implement necessary changes.
- Curriculum Adaptation and Training (CAT) grants: Under CAT grants, courts will revise their curriculum, train instructors, pilot test new or revised curriculum, and operate judicial branch education and training programs.
- Partner Grants: Partner grants will allow SJI and federal, state, local, and private entities to combine financial resources in collaboration towards common projects and interests.
- Strategic Initiatives Grants (SIG): SIG grants allow SJI to address court issues as they occur across the country, and develop solutions for those problems.
- Education Support Program (ESP): ESP grants provide tuition assistance for state court judges and court managers.