Division 18 of American Psychological Association responds to the needs of the public in areas such as psychological practice, research, training, and policy formation. The division comprises six sections representing a variety of settings: Community and State Hospital, Criminal Justice, Police and Public Safety, Psychologists in Indian Country, Serious Mental Illness/Severe Emotional Disturbance, and Veterans Affairs. The division provides a forum for its members to discuss common professional interests, to advocate for the mental health needs of the public, and to promote the use of evaluation and research in public research programs.
- The Honorable Elizabeth Esty, U.S. Representative for Connecticut’s 5th Congressional District
- Ellen Scrivner, Ph.D., Executive Fellow, Police Foundation, Washington, D.C.
- Robert Fein, Ph.D., Forensic and National Security Psychologist
- Madelon Baronoski, Ph.D., M.S.N., Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Yale University of Medicine
- Joel Dvoskin, Ph.D., Forensic Psychologist, Consultant, Former Acting Commissioner of New York State Office of Mental Health, Associate of Threat Assessment Group, Inc.
- Alice M. Forrester, Ph.D., Executive Director, Clifford Beers Clinic; Member of Sandy Hook Advisory Commission
To register for the conference, click here.