Reentry MythBuster: On Getting a Replacement Social Security Card

MYTH: Incarcerated individuals cannot get a replacement Social Security card unless they have a current drivers’ license or United States passport.

FACT: The Social Security Administration can issue a replacement card for many inmates nearing release even if they do not have a current drivers’ license or U.S. passport.

To view a PDF of this MythBuster, click here.