The Consensus Project, coordinated by the Council of State Governments Justice Center, is supported by a diverse combination of federal, private, and local funds. Past and present funding sources are listed alphabetically below.
- Bureau of Justice Assistance, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice
- Center for Mental Health Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- National Institute of Corrections, Bureau of Prisons, U.S. Department of Justice
- National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Office for Victims of Crime, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice
- Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
- Cuyahoga County (OH) Community Health Board
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Human Services Administration Organizations, Inc.
- JEHT Foundation
- John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- Melville Charitable Trust
- Open Society Institute
- Pennsylvania Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Pfizer, Inc.
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Staunton Farm Foundation
- van Ameringen Foundation, Inc.