The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration has developed a free smartphone app that provides parents, caretakers, educators, and others with information and support to address youth bullying. The app was developed in collaboration with the federal partnership, StopBullying.gov, and is available for iPhone and Android users.
Key features include:
- How to start a conversation with a child about bullying.
- How to prevent bullying for ages 3–6, 7–13, and older teens.
- How to recognize whether bullying is affecting a child.
- How and when to talk with children about bullying issues.
- Getting advice and support through social media such as Facebook, Twitter, e-mail, and text messages.
- Educator-focused strategies for preventing bullying in the classroom and supporting children who are being bullied.
To download and learn more about the app, click here.