- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
It is prohibited to use any Justice Center website to engage in any illegal activity; interfere with the operation of the site in any way, or interfere with anyone’s use or enjoyment of the site; send mass mailings, junk mail, or spam or distribute or publish advertisements or solicitations, including petitions; transmit or post any unlawful, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, threatening, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or harmful material; transmit or post any content that would be harmful to minors in any manner; impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; transmit or post any content that you are prohibited from transmitting or posting; modify, sell, lease, scrape content from or aggregate, sublicense, market, or otherwise change or commercially exploit in any way the site or any component thereof other than as may be expressly permitted in writing by The Justice Center or as permitted pursuant to any fair use, fair dealing, or similar provisions of applicable laws; or infringe on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these
web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations,
and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local
laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from
using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are
protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on The Council of State Governments Justice Center's web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on The Council of State Governments Justice Center's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by The Council of State Governments Justice Center at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on The Council of State Governments Justice Center's web site are provided "as is". The Council of State Governments Justice Center makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, The Council of State Governments Justice Center does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall The Council of State Governments Justice Center or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on The Council of State Governments Justice Center's Internet site, even if The Council of State Governments Justice Center or a Council of State Governments Justice Center authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on The Council of State Governments Justice Center's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Council of State Governments Justice Center does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. The Council of State Governments Justice Center may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. The Council of State Governments Justice Center does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The Council of State Governments Justice Center has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by The Council of State Governments Justice Center of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to The Council of State Governments Justice Center's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
This and other Council of State Governments Justice Center's websites are supported by numerous federal and private funding sources. Points of view on this website are those of The Council of State Governments Justice Center's staff or of registered users of The Council of State Governments Justice Center's websites and do not represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Justice, members of the Council of State Governments, the Council of State Governments Justice Center's board of directors, or any other funders acknowledged on The Council of State Governments Justice Center's websites.
The Justice Center reserves the right to report user data to authorized parties if required to do so by law.