Together we deliver research-driven strategies to increase public safety and strengthen communities.
The Council of State Government Justice Center team works alongside leading policymakers and practitioners who are championing and driving change at the state and local level across the country. Our staff is comprised of smart, hard-working professionals who bring decades of experience in criminal justice, mental health, substance addiction, corrections and reentry, finance, workforce development, media, and more. Staff here have served governors, state legislators, and members of Congress on both sides of the political spectrum.
Work to advance safety and second changes.
Led by a national, bipartisan Advisory Board, we are passionate about working toward our vision of a society that upholds justice, offers second chances, and ensures safe and healthy communities.
Together as a team, we are committed to:
- Being independent and nonpartisan in every aspect of our work;
- Providing rigorous, trusted, high-quality analysis;
- Developing practical and innovative solutions informed by data and research;
- Promoting collaboration and building consensus; and
- Being inclusive and respectful of diverse views and experiences.
Join a dynamic team of passionate experts.
The CSG Justice Center’s dynamic and supportive work environment fosters personal and professional development and celebrates diversity.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including:
- Paid parental leave and generous time off benefits.
- Comprehensive insurance coverage, including medical, dental, vision, life and accidental death, and disability. Health insurance options include both a PPO and High Deductible Health Plan (with generous employer contributions to health savings accounts).
- Flexible spending accounts for both health and child care expenses.
- Retirement savings plan with a generous employer match.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits for employees who work where our offices are located—New York City, Washington, D.C., Seattle, or Austin areas.