Kansas Stepping Up Technical Assistance Center Training 1: A Deep Dive into the Stepping Up Framework and Key Question 1
Hosted by The Council of State Governments (CSG) Justice Center
As part of the Kansas Stepping Up Technical Assistance Center funded by the Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services, the CSG Justice Center is offering all counties a three-part virtual training. This training—the first in the series—will involve in-depth discussion on the framework of Stepping Up and the first of the six Key Questions county leaders need to ask: is our leadership committed? This question focuses on the planning and collaboration needed to begin reducing the number of adults with mental illnesses in county jails.
The second and third trainings are as follows
- Kansas Stepping Up Technical Assistance Center Training 2: A Deep Dive into Key Questions 2 and 3 and Innovator Counties, August 17, 2021, 12:00–1:00 p.m. CT
- Kansas Stepping Up Technical Assistance Center Training 3: A Deep Dive into Key Questions 4 and 5 and Stepping Up Tools, September 28, 2021, 12:00–1:00 p.m. CT
Counties are encouraged to attend the training sessions that most align with their current work and technical assistance needs.
- Audra Goldsmith, Senior Policy Advisor, Behavioral Health Division, CSG Justice Center
- Risë Haneberg, Deputy Director, Behavioral Health Division, CSG Justice Center
- Kati Habert, Program Director, Behavioral Health Division, CSG Justice Center
Apply to participate in a virtual learning collaborative consisting of three sessions about how to improve criminal case…Read More
New support centers offer resources, training, and assistance to improve responses to people with behavioral health needs.Read More