Building Crisis Care Systems through State-Local Collaboration
Hosted by The Council of State Governments (CSG) Justice Center and the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) with support from the U.S. Department of Justice’s Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA)
Local jurisdictions are simultaneously facing budget shortfalls and calls to advance community well-being, public health, and public safety. They can help respond to these urgent needs by building crisis care systems with support from state resources and lawmakers.
This virtual workshop for local jurisdictions features discussions among peer jurisdictions and state lawmakers about strategies for engaging, coordinating, and leveraging state resources and stakeholders to advance local crisis care systems. Twelve local jurisdictions were selected to participate in this workshop.
- Alex Blandford, Program Director, CSG Justice Center
- Kristy Danford, Project Director, Charleston County Criminal Justice Coordinating Council
- Alison Lawrence, Program Director, Criminal Justice, NCSL
- Dennis Puebla, Director of Special Operations, Charleston Dorchester Mental Health Center
- Stephanie Shaw, Project Manager, CSG Justice Center
- Colorado Rep. Mike Weissman
- Kentucky Sen. Whitney Westerfield
- Amber Widgery, Program Principal, Criminal Justice, NCSL
The Restitution Resource Center will help states improve the quality of their restitution systems by providing a central…Read More