Responding to the 2019 Second Chance Act Reentry for Adults with Co-occurring Substance Abuse and Mental Illness Solicitation
Hosted by the National Reentry Resource Center with funding support from the U.S. Department of Justice’s Bureau of Justice Assistance
In this webinar, representatives from the U.S. Department of Justice’s Bureau of Justice Assistance and the National Reentry Resource Center review the FY19 Improving Reentry for Adults with Co-occurring Substance Abuse and Mental Illness application process.
This grant program will provide awards of up to $1 million for a 48-month project period to state and local government agencies and federally recognized Indian tribes (as determined by the Secretary of the Interior). Applicants must apply within one of the following three categories, depending upon their jurisdictional status:
- Category 1, Competition ID BJA-2019-15323: Units or components of state government agencies serving the adult reentry population.
- Category 2, Competition ID BJA-2019-15324: Units or components of county or city local government agencies serving the adult reentry population.
- Category 3, Competition ID BJA-2019-15325: Federally-recognized Indian tribes and Alaska Native tribes and/or tribal organizations serving the adult reentry population.
- Andre Bethea, Policy Advisor for Corrections, U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Assistance
- Sarah Wurzburg, Deputy Program Director, Behavioral Health, The Council of State Governments Justice Center
As leaders and people impacted by the criminal justice system work to improve outcomes for people leaving prisons…Read More