The Council of State Governments Justice Center today released Financing the Future of Local Initiatives, a set of tools that helps jurisdictions maximize federal funding and sustain criminal justice-behavioral health efforts.
Many local leaders struggle to plan for financial sustainability. To address this need, Financing the Future of Local Initiatives leads jurisdictions through the following steps:
1. Getting started
- Getting Started: A Guidebook for Sustainability and Scaling takes local leaders through the process of identifying funding to support data-driven strategies. Learn more and download the guidebook.
2. Finding federal funding opportunities
- The Find a Federal Funding Opportunity database simplifies the often complex world of federal funding opportunities and is intended to help users pinpoint potential funding resources for their initiatives. Learn more about using the database.
3. Seeing sustainability in action
- Jurisdictions around the country are testing out ways to sustain initiatives at the intersection of criminal justice and behavioral health. Read more about how leaders in Lake County, Illinois, piloted these tools, and learn about how local communities can access funding through state criminal justice planning agencies.
The tools were developed with support from the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation as part of the Safety and Justice Challenge, which seeks to reduce over-incarceration by changing the way America thinks about and uses jails.
A new training program will help law enforcement agencies transform their juvenile probation programs to adopt more developmentally…Read More
Last year, Massachusetts passed legislation representing the most significant changes to the state’s criminal justice system in decades.…Read More
The Restitution Resource Center will help states improve the quality of their restitution systems by providing a central…Read More
A new training program will help law enforcement agencies transform their juvenile…Read More
Last year, Massachusetts passed legislation representing the most significant changes to the…Read More
The Restitution Resource Center will help states improve the quality of their…Read More
A conversation with U.S. Department of Education Assistant Secretary Scott Stump explores…Read More