The Justice Train
- Editorial Process: A brief overview of how the editorial process works at the CSG Justice Center, including developing content in Word and PPT.
- Inclusive and Accessible Communications Principles: An overview of five principles of accessible content, including using inclusive and accessible language, being mindful of color contrast, and describing images.
- Guide to Copyright Permissions: An overview of when, why, and how to request permission to reuse copyrighted material. The guide also includes explanations of fair use, public domain, and more.
- Style Guide: Comprehensive guide to CSG Justice Center style, including grammar and punctuation, field-specific terminology, people-first language, and more.
- Style Guide Cheat Sheet: Top 10 tips for following CSG Justice Center style (derived from the style guide).
- Style Guide Cheat Sheet for Contractors: Tips geared toward external contractors/partners for following CSG Justice Center style.
- Style Guide Training Session: Video recording of a training session conducted by the editors on key points in the CSG Justice Center style guide.
- Word List and Abbreviations: A list of commonly used words and how to spell, style, and use them as well as a list of common abbreviations used at the CSG Justice Center. (These lists also appear in the full Style Guide).
Plagiarism and Citation Guides
- Plagiarism and Citation Guides: A plagiarism guide that explains the different types of plagiarism and how to avoid them and our citation guide, which explains the rules about when and how to cite sources in our products as per the Chicago Manual of Style. Includes dozens of citation examples.
- PowerPoint Standard Practices: A detailed guide on design, content, and accessibility standards for PPT presentations. Includes a checklist to determine whether your slides meet the minimum requirements for CSG Justice Center standards.
- PowerPoint Review Process: A brief overview of the steps involved in PPT review, including when to fill out our online event form and what to expect from editorial review.
- PowerPoint Training Session: Video recording of a training session conducted by the editors on PPT standard practices.
- PowerPoint Templates: Pre-made PPT templates to use for a variety of projects, including JMHCP, Stepping Up, and more.
Other Content Development
- Outline Development Guidance: Sample outline to help inform initial organization of content for a publication, resource, or web content you’re preparing to create.
- Survey Development Guidance: Comprehensive guidance on how to construct a survey, including purpose, audience, and design; instructions and question stems; and response options.
- Tips for Writing Q&A Articles: Tips on how to formulate interview questions for a Q&A and how to conduct the interview and edit the responses. Includes annotated Q&A article.
Follow the #ask-an-editor Slack channel for more information.
- Data Safety and Security Policy: Comprehensive document describing the policies and procedures the Research Division of the CSG Justice Center has adopted regarding data protection, storage, security, and disposal.
- Interacting with Vulnerable Populations Policy: Comprehensive document outlining the policies and procedures the CSG Justice Center has adopted regarding interactions with vulnerable populations(e.g., focus groups, interviews, etc.), including people in prison or on community supervision.
- Example Materials: Examples from prior work conducted by members of the Research Division, both inside and outside the CSG Justice Center, to inform focus group
- Focus Group and Interview Review Form: The first of a series of documents that should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before any interactions with vulnerable populations.
- Research and Data FAQ: This FAQ explains the difference between aggregate and case-level data, addresses why staff outside the Research Division generally do not have access to case-level data, and more.
- Staff Bio and Headshot Guidance: Instructions on how to write your bio, which will appear on our website, and how to take a good headshot.
- Bio/Headshot Update Request: Asana form for staff to submit updates to their bios and/or headshots on our Team page.
- Email Signature Template: Template and instructions for creating your CSG Justice Center email signature.