Incorporating People with Lived Experience into Behavioral Health Programs
Hosted by The Council of State Governments (CSG) Justice Center, the National Reentry Resource Center, and the Bureau of Justice Assistance.
People with lived experience in the justice and behavioral health systems can assist in developing programs for people reentering the community. In recent years, people in recovery, people who have justice system involvement, and their family members have become more involved in reentry councils and program development, have taken on leadership roles, and have become peer recovery support specialists. In this panel discussion, people with lived experience working in reentry will discuss program development and implementation.
- Jake McPherson, Consumer Affairs Chief, Adult Mental Health Division, Hawaii Department of Health
- Carolyn “Freda” King, Project Director, DISC Village
- Willie Knighten, CEO, Above and Beyond Care
- Tiffany McKnight, Policy Analyst, Behavioral Health, CSG Justice Center
- Alexis Lacy, Project Manager, Behavioral Health, CSG Justice Center